[BusyBox] Real interesting problem

Jason jason at jasonandjessi.com
Sat Nov 15 01:40:38 UTC 2003

Im running busybox 1.0.0 pre3 on a firewall that Im trying to build that
boots off CD.  I have everything running great with one exception.
Utilities like more and passwd dont seem to be honoring my enter key!  For
example, if I do a passwd jason this is what happens

passwd jason  (hit enter)
password is weak
changing anyway
password changed

I only hit enter that one time immediatly after the command, so the net
impact is that if I try to change a password for a user they get a null
password. Same thing happens on login.  If I try to more a file, I never
get a pager it just scrolls right on by!

Im running bash 2.05b.01 and have everything running out of initrd mounted
read-write with a 2.4.22 kernel. I use SYSV init instead of busyboxes. I
have searched the archives and googled
my brains out.  Anyone have any thoughts as to what is wrong with my
machine?

       Jason
www.jasonandjessi.com
It gimme the jibblies