[BusyBox] init and null console

Steven Seeger sseeger at stellartec.com
Fri Nov 7 17:53:53 UTC 2003

Hey guys. I am trying to boot a consoleless system. We have an LCD screen
(not a FB) that a GUI outputs grpahics to, and we need to use both serial
ports on the system. So, we want to have no serial console. I try passing
console=null or console=tty0 or just nothing to the kernel, and the system
won't boot. There is some stuff in /etc/init.d/rcS that busybox should load
up for us, and none of it ever shows up. The GUI is part of that, so we
should see graphics on the screen.

Is there some way to make busybox init work without a console? Is the
problem with the kernel?

Thanks.

Steve