[BusyBox] Base filesystem tarball for busybox?

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Thu May 15 19:41:40 UTC 2003

> > Is there a base filesystem tar that provides the basic
> necessities for busybox to run?
> > Many of the mail list posts involve questions which are
> answered by "just create this file/device node..." and then it works.
> > Is there a tar with this stuff already in it?
>
> Uhm... the problem is, there is no "right" /dev-tree for
> busybox, it depends
> on your needs.
> An example: I use the devfs, so there is no need for a given
> /dev (therefor
> I don't have a tar-archive for you)

Agreed there are too many options to have only one base fs. However, I think that devfs is one of only a few items that make dev filesystems incompatible with one another. They still all need the basics, inittab, passwd, group etc...

Ideally there would only be a few to choose from, each packaged up with a busybox .config file.

-Bruce