[BusyBox] How does Ping covert urls to ip?

Calle Be callebe.geo at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 11:22:25 UTC 2003

Jucklo!

I still have problems with the busybox nc connecting to
komfram.trafikkontoret.goteborg.se. The problem is that every other server I
have tested, responds where as this server doesn't seem to respond. Nothing
happens when I type nc -v komfram.trafikkontoret.goteborg.se 80. I have a buddy
that made a little program that uses a gethostbyname function. Now that doesn't
seem to work either, and we're wondering how busybox converts urls to ip
addresses. Does anyone know?

One other rather disturbing fact in the matter is that Charles Steinkuhler on
this list could get the server to respond. So now you're all thinking that I'm
banned from that server or sumthin, but I can use a windows nc from another
client inside my private network and the server responds, so it's not that.

/Calle Be