[BusyBox] Argument list too long

tom447 tom447 at ziplip.com
Tue Mar 25 11:37:03 UTC 2003

SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (5.50 hits, 5 required)
SPAM: SUBJECT_IS_LIST    (-0.2 points) Subject contains newsletter header (list)
SPAM: MAY_BE_FORGED      (4.0 points)  'Received:' has 'may be forged' warning
SPAM: FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS  (0.9 points)  From: ends in numbers
SPAM: SPAM_PHRASE_00_01  (0.8 points)  BODY: Spam phrases score is 00 to 01 (low)
SPAM: SUPERLONG_LINE     (0.0 points)  BODY: Contains a line >=199 characters long
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

Hi!

I've written a Busybox ash script that copies several thousand files. It works perfectly on my development system... but while booting up on the target machine, I get the following error while trying to copy the same file set:

cp: Argument list too long

Looks like it's coming from msh.c but I can't figure out why? There's over 350 mb of memory available in the target and everything else works normally to that point. I get the same error when trying to make symlinks to the files or trying to tar them.

I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction... I can't get around needing to copy those darn files! :)

Thanks!

-Tom