[BusyBox] NFS root filesystem with busybox

Russ Dill Russ.Dill at asu.edu
Sat Mar 22 02:29:03 UTC 2003

> From here if I return for no password, it just says Login incorrect and gives me the prompt back.
> Two things, why is IP address missing .177. Also, entry from issue file should have been (Linux armv5b..) and not (Linu armv ...) so it is also missing some characters, not sure why I am missing these characters.

turn on flow control

> There are not password specified in password file:
> root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh
>
> group:
> root::0:root
>
> securetty has the right ttyS0 defined.

maybe a configuration option is set up so that root needs a password?
(null password not ok). Also, on arm you may want ttySA0, not ttyS0. If
you are going to set a null root password, you don't really need a login
problem, just run /bin/sh

> If I cannot login, is there why I can by pass this login process completely  and go to shell from this point onward?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I think you mean using /bin/sh
instead of login