[BusyBox] ifupdown package

Tony Saladino tsaladino at broadcom.com
Thu Jun 26 12:15:02 UTC 2003

>Just out of curiosity...  What do you see when you
>run the 'locale' command on your build system?

lc-atla-101{tsaladino}1419: locale
LANG=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_US"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
LC_TIME="en_US"
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_MONETARY="en_US"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
LC_PAPER="en_US"
LC_NAME="en_US"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
LC_ALL=

>It does not appear you are cross compiling.  You are doing a
>native build on a mipsel box, right?  I have run buildroot
>natively on my mipsel box within the last week.  Busybox built
>properly and 'busybox ifup' works as expected...

I am cross compiling. My build machine is based off x86. "uname -a" shows it
to be i686.

You said it appears I'm not cross compiling.  Did I miss something in the
makefile that I should have set?  The rootfs I created works on the target
machine.  I would have expected a crash and burn if I didn't have that set
up properly.

>Since you are using buildroot...  Try doing
>
>    rm -rf build_mipsel/busybox* sources/dl/busybox*
>
>and then running make again.  It is possible there is
>some stale stuff lurking somewhere.

>My current best guess is there is some bit of either busybox or
>buildroot that is improperly locale dependant.  But that is just
>an operating guess at the moment.

Just tried your suggestion.  I haven't put it on the target yet, but a "find
. -name ifup" in the build_mipsel directory does not find the file.  I'll
load it up next.

Tony