[BusyBox] [Busy box] can't resolve symbol.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 26 11:54:06 UTC 2003

In message <20030626113746.57978.qmail at web41811.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> Thanks a lot Wolfgang to tell me that.
> I didn't known on it's a usefull information.

You are welcome.

> Does any summery of problem with the current
> kernel with MPC8xx ?

What exactly do you mean? This is not considered to be a problem.

There is a general consensus:

The FP emulation code for PowerPC in the Linux kernel  is  incomplete
and  not  usable  for  real-life  applications. This is NOT a problem
because  you  can  easily  use  "-msoft-float"  when  compiling  your
user-land code (including applications and all libraries) which works
reliably and is MUCH faster than the FP emulation.

Any decent tool chain will automatically set  the  required  compiler
options  and  select  the  correct versions of the libraries when you
compile for MPC8xx targets). For  example,  I  know  that  both  MV's
toolchain  and our own ELDK will do this if you use the "ppc_8xx-gcc"
compiler.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we  can  think
about."                                                 - B. L. Whorf