[BusyBox] ifupdown package

Andrew Dennison andrew.dennison at motec.com.au
Wed Jun 25 01:03:35 UTC 2003

I noticed recently that busybox.links is not regenerated if the .config is
changed and you run make. Therefore busybox.links may not match the busybox
binary if you add some features and recompile. Thus a make install could
leave out some links and cause this type of problem.

Maybe Tony has built a busybox with ifup/down support but the links are not
installed due to the above issue?

Try this to see if busybox supports ifup:
busybox ifup -a

Enabling CONFIG_FEATURE_INSTALLER=y and running
busybox --install -s
to add the links works as advertised.

Andrew