[BusyBox] Bummer, can't write to log on /dev/tty5

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Fri Jun 13 05:20:03 UTC 2003

When I start my busybox-based system I get the following message on the console:

"Bummer, can't write to log on /dev/tty5" (that might be ttyS, resolution on
my TV is terrible)

Everything works fine so I'm sure this is harmless, but I like to keep things
clean. What am I missing that is causing this message? Or is there some way to
disable the logging it's trying to do? I wrote my own /etc/inittab thinking
the default one may be causing the message but that didn't help.

--
Jason Bodnar
jason at shakabuku.org
http://www.shakabuku.org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"