[BusyBox] Problems building busybox against uClibc

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Thu Jun 12 00:28:39 UTC 2003

I've done this a hundred times but for some reason now when I build busybox it
gets linked against my systems libc instead of uClibc's.

I start with a fresh busybox source tree, edit Config.h and then run:

$ env PATH=/home/jbodnar/projects/jambox/boot/i386-linux-uclibc/bin:$PATH make

When I run readelf -a on the resulting busybox executable I see:

Dynamic segment at offset 0x133d4 contains 20 entries:
  Tag        Type                         Name/Value
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libc.so.6]

What stupid mistake am I making?

--
Jason Bodnar
jason at shakabuku.org
http://www.shakabuku.org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"