[BusyBox] Last path

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Jun 11 09:19:16 UTC 2003

Glenn,

>>I reduce size udhcp over 4k. Please see this.
>

> I applied this, i hessitated intitially as Russ normally likes to keep
> the busybox and standalone version of udhcp pretty close,  i contacted
> him directly and he said he is a bit busy and will sort the diff's out
> at a latter date.
>
> I left the dhcp version untouched and havent yet removed the now
> obsolete files debug.h, libbb_udhcp.h, pidfile.c, pidfile.h, i will wait
> for Russ's ok on that.

udhcp is bad busybox module:
1. exporting many extenal function withous special prefix
2. standalone usage non good, for example:

#ifndef IN_BUSBOX
#define xmalloc(s) malloc(s)

without check to NULL! This may be good for debug, but non good for real usage.

3. common code best for internal/standalone usaging, but before my patch halfway
present
4. I like tinylogin/httpd mering metod - this modules can standalone usaging
with using libbb,
but udhcp merging is halfway merging.

--w
vodz