[BusyBox] ethernet configuration: problem with ifconfig.

Sanges Michele Michele.Sanges at otomelara.it
Fri Jun 6 08:11:50 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I installed the 'busybox-stable-20030524.tar.bz2' version and I am trying to
setup the ethernet interface but I have some problems.

When I execute the command
> ifconfig

I obtain the following message:
> ifconfig: ifconfig was not compiled with interface status display support

And then, when I setup my network interface by means:
>ifconfig eth0 MY_IP netmask MY_NETMASK up

I obtain the following message:
>SIOCSIFADDR: no such devices
>SIOCSIFNETMASK: no such devices
>SIOCGIFFLAGS: no such devices

What means this error messages?

How do I make the 'eth0' devices?

Thanks.
Michele

La presente comunicazione, inviata dal mittente a titolo personale, non è in
alcun modo impegnativa per OTOMELARA se non seguita da un documento formale.

This communication, sent exclusively on a personal basis, is in no way
binding for OTOMELARA if not followed by an official document.