[BusyBox] start-stop-daemon

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at prodesigncad.de
Thu Jun 5 13:15:57 UTC 2003

Hello all,

I tried to use the start-stop-daemon to start a program which needs
command line parameters:

 > start-stop-daemon -S -x "/usr/local/bin/nano-S -D"

which returns

 > start-stop-daemon: unable to start /usr/local/bin/nano-X -D: No such
file or directory

This is caused by the call to execv(startas, argv)

I changed the start-stop-daemon.c file (1.8 from CVS) to support command
line
parameters for the -x option, if CONFIG_FEATURE_START_STOP_DAEMON_ARGS
is defined.

Attached is a diff for the start-stop-daemon.c file.

Regards

-Matthias

Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Lange, ProDesign Electronic & CAD-Layout
Hochheimer Str. 47, D-99094 Erfurt