[BusyBox] Re: ash bug

Jean Wolter jean.wolter at inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jul 31 14:16:10 UTC 2003

"Vladimir N. Oleynik" <dzo at simtreas.ru> writes:

[ forwarded reply from Herbert Xu ]

> ash's behaviour is correct.  POSIX imposes no restrictions on this.
> Even with the patch, you will still see no output if you did

:(

Am I really wrong and the behaviour of ash is correct?

I simply can't believe that but I don't have any arguments if Herbert
says, Posix doesn't specify that so I'am free to implement it like I
want without bothering whether this makes sense or not.

Is it actually correct to mix the stderr output of the shell and a
command the shell is executing?

Thanks for looking at it Vladimir,
Jean, disabling ash in his current busybox configuration