[BusyBox] Busybox passwd/shadow database files place

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Jul 26 07:55:11 UTC 2003

On Wed Jul 16, 2003 at 02:56:17PM +0000, Nick Fedchik wrote:
> But inisde of most libpwdgrp files I see this lines:

That was an oversight, which your patch has now corrected. :)

> Also about patches for bb-1.0-pre: one time ago I post here the patch to
> change dir of shadow file to another dir than default /etc.
> Is it need for someone else than me?
> I think if that lines into busybox/libpwdgrp/ files will be changed from
> const strings to bb_path_passwd_*_file vars, then the patch for alternative
> paths to passwd/shadow files can be easy and fine.

I think very very few people will need to changing the paths for
these files.  But since there is now just one place (in
libbb/messages.c) it should be very easy now for you to patch
things yourself when building busybox, i.e.

    perl -p -i -e "s,/etc/passwd,/some/path/passwd," libbb/messages.c

or a patch to do the same thing, is probably best.

 -Erik