[BusyBox] Can not boot with uClibc-0.9.20 + busybox-0.60.5

ibe at dcl.info.waseda.ac.jp ibe at dcl.info.waseda.ac.jp
Tue Jul 22 06:35:57 UTC 2003

Hi, all.

I am build BusyBox with a powerpc gcc
cross compiler build with uclibc.

So far, I have a "can't resolve symbol" probrem.
But I resolve this probrem with option of uClibc.
(enable "Add unresolved libgcc symbols to uClibc" in "make menuconfig")

Then,I boot mine, It stop next to below.

"Freeing unused kernel memory :56k init"

I found hint as below in a uClibc ML.

uClibc's gcc wrapper will call 'gcc',
which will eventually call 'ld' which (depending on your PATH) may not
be the uClibc wrapper ld, which could then cause your app to try and
link vs glibc...

So, I guess this is problem of ld.
When I built busybox, I just add as below in Makefile.

* CROSS = powerpc-uclibc-

Then I do

$ export PATH=/usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/bin:$PATH
$ make

Although, same problem still occured.
Is this way right?(maybe wrong.)
Am I forgot anything to do with busybox?

Please help me, If you have any hint.
Thanks.

Waseda university
Hiroaki Ibe