[BusyBox] tar xz is broken

Thomas Eckert tom at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 3 13:03:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Axel Barnitzke wrote:

> back to uClib/busybox again :-)
>
> tar xzf file.tar.gz  -> "Error decrompressing"
> gunzip -c file.tar.gz | tar xf -   works fine
>
> Version: cvs from yesterday
>
> I just don't have time to look it up but I think you'll find that in a
> few seconds...

I had a similar problem (cvs a few days ago) but forgot to report it :(

It seemed to be  a cross-effect from bzip2-support of tar. Removing the
"-j"-support for tar made "tar xzf" working again.
With "-j"-support bb-tar could not "xzf"-extract tgz-s created with bb-tar
"czf".

Thomas

--
   "It's great to have a friend who appreciates an earnest discussion of
ideas."  -Calvin