[BusyBox] Can't boot without graphic card

Andrew Dennison andrew.dennison at motec.com.au
Thu Jan 30 15:49:03 UTC 2003

I've run 2.4.18 and busybox with and without a VGA controller (test PC and
custom hardware). The same kernel was used in both cases.

Do you have a serial port? The kernel will setup a serial console if VGA
isn't present and this should give you all the debugging info you need. You
can even use a serial console when VGA is present by specifying something
like "console=ttyS0" on the kernel command line.

Andrew