[BusyBox] FW: Halt command

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Tue Jan 28 01:26:03 UTC 2003

xiaogeng_jin at agilent.com schrieb:
> How can a HALT command just halt the system not to reboot the system? My system is a MPC8xx custom board and I'm using Busybox.
>
> I checked the source code of HALT command in busybox. And it just sends a SIGUSR1 to init but behaves just like REBOOT which sends a SIGTERM to init. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Please check arch/ppc/kernel/m8xx_setup.c in your kernel tree. Look for

static void
m8xx_halt(void)
{
    m8xx_restart(NULL);
}

I changed that so my power supply gets switched off when shutting down the system.

So write your own version of halt and do a

         ppc_md.power_off                = imcDev_power_off;
         ppc_md.halt                     = imcDev_halt;

in you board initialisation code.

Good luck,

Steven