[BusyBox] Re: httpd applet patches

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Jan 27 04:44:03 UTC 2003

Hi Glenn.

End changelog for httpd applet.
I stoping adding features, other don`t require for me ;)
Result source placed:
ftp://ftp.simtreas.ru/pub/my/bb/new

1.19:
-  clearing, removing my bugs, set my (C) (original author permit)

1.18:
+ Load config file from subdirs and merge
- deny get config from subdir as file, access config as dir

1.17:
+ Parse cookies and set HTTP_COOKIES now
+ Set PATH_INFO now. Find real.

1.16:
*  destroy bug in decodeBase64(), chars '+' and '/' don`t ignore now.
   Optimize by size decodeBase64() and charsTooBin64 table.
   send HTTP_FORBIDDEN for IP check after get all headers,
      else Netscape out "Null response".
   Reduce 18k stack usage, for URL buffer with supervised
      as HTTP_INTERNAL_ERROR
+ feature: The Deny/Allow IP logic
+ feature: each patch can have one more user:password config line now
  Reduce predefined data+bss usage to full minimum from original author
     request
+ addEnv("SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.0") and addEnv("GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1");
+ addEnv("CONTENT_LENGTH=%d") for CGI POST requred(!)
   feature CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_RELOAD_CONFIG_SIGHUP as preprocessor bracket

1.15:
  added env PATH require for start CGI
  corrected find mime types (example suffix ".h" isn`t "text/html" now)
  removed bug: wait empty line for HTTP < 1.0, parse immediate now
    extra read for POST only now
+ feature: if URL is directory, show URL/index.html always
+ simplify patch: /./ /. and if possible reducing /.. /../
+ feature: config may have extra mime types now
- disabled by default set environ CGI_name and Encode/Decode/String
    as nonstandart httpd features
+ HTTPD_SUPPORT_CGI config option, disable this for do small applet

1.14:
  cache http.conf, reload if HUP signaled
+ added -u uid options for drop privilegies
  More integrating for busybox and bb formating
  Added popular mime types for filename extensions
  Corrected daemon() usage
  Check URL as directory and send "HTTP_NOT_FOUND"
      and requiring first '/' always
+ Added header Last-Modified: for send file
  Accept filename have cgi-bin as substring, but not if is directory
  Small rewroted sendCgi():
*    exec as ./script (removed bug - not set '/'),
+      but call addEnvCgi(script) without "./"
     reducing memory usage
*    if chdir have errors - don`t start script (removed bug)
     added env REMOTE_ADDR REMOTE_PORT SERVER_PORT
  getLine() using maxBuf now for check overflow