[BusyBox] Busybox- tutorial needed for installing -- diff installs ??

John van Vlaaderen john-at-thinman at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 10:54:03 UTC 2003

Hi -- I have been lurking, my last admin work w/ busybox/uClibc was in
early October.  I took a long drive around the US to relieve lingering
symptoms from PTSD from working at the WTC disaster the day of the
attack.

Since then there have been remarkable strides in the LinuxBIOS field.  I
have been concentrating on Initrd as part of my work for the Devil-Linux
project, but LinuxBIOS seems to be making Initrd obsolete.  Initrd - rd
for ram disk - is showing its age - should be virtual file system - yet
it is key to booting Linux.

Creating sophisticated tutorials for both Initrd and LinuxBIOS, I
believe, is key to recruiting testers to assure that busy box (and
uClibc, I suppose) dont miss out on key testing.

Furthermore, many people on the busybox and uClibc lists seem interested
in evoloving  new OSs from linux, I see these two projects key to
initiating the process.

It has been slow going, but I am building a semi-portal to support these
kinds of projects.

John