[BusyBox] RE: busybox - cant find init

Mark Turner mark at edinburgh-shopping.net
Tue Jan 14 14:29:03 UTC 2003

Hi I was reading your post on busybox.net,

I experienced the same....

It seems that setting "DO_STATIC=TRUE" is not the same as "DO_STATIC=true" in
the makefile, so who is responsible ??

Also it should be asked - I probably will - if when doing a uClibc/busybox
build, the libraries are not installed by uClibc's
make PREFIX=$TARGET install_target
to support dynamic linking - busybox seems to need libc.so.0, and this is
present. so why no boot ?!

ldd shows /usr/lib/i386-linux-uClibc/lib/ etc as path to which busybox is
linked on devel system.

On a different system "ldd busybox" returns an error
./busybox File not found - without stating which file was not found.
This file not found error is propogated back to the kernel
(function in init/main.c - execve(...))

So it seems the problem is with uClibc/scripts/install.sh or somewhere like
that .

Has anyone dug this deeper ?