[BusyBox] Busybox init with devfs, shmfs, and pivot_root

Laurence Anderson l.d.anderson at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Jan 11 07:17:03 UTC 2003

I had exactly the same problem. The problem seems to be that linuxrc doesn't
get PID 1, therefore neither does init. This is because of some kernel root
swapper process, used to support the old linuxrc mechanism.

The way I solved it was to have the kernel command line:

linux init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0

Laurence