[BusyBox] busybox - cant find init ??

Mark Turner mark at edinburgh-shopping.net
Thu Jan 9 15:26:04 UTC 2003

Subject: busybox
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 22:37:25 +0000
From: Mark Turner <mark at edinburgh-shopping.net>
To: andersen at codepoet.org

Hi,
    I've been trying to do a build using latest busybox, and openmosix6
kernel, kernel works fine, and tested using busybox5 supplied on your floppy,
but when I build busybox0.60, and try and start I get the kernel panic,
"Can't find init"
 I have checked initrd (chkfs.minix) and it seems to be OK
also if I mount the said initrd, "mount -o loop initrd mnt",
then "chroot mnt ./bin/busybox ash" I get the shell to start, but with the
wrong root, I am going in from the kernel - with trace lines from init/main.c

I get kernel message "VFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem)" then
"Freeing ubused kernel memory : (this on is initrd memory - from compressed
image", - so far so good, My trace line "Notice : about to look for init !"
then no luck ?

any ideas ??