[BusyBox] Howto get real logins

jmrobert5 at mchsi.com jmrobert5 at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 2 07:55:03 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I have BB 0.60.5 and tinylogin 1.2.  They are configured to use passwd
directly(no shadow).  Problem is I never get 'prompted' for a password at
login.  A pw is required with this, it has to be in the passwd file, we
just don't get prompted to enter it.

Can someone with real password logins post a brief outline about how to get
it working correctly?  Maybe my inittab is wrong(using basic -sh -i), etc.
I have set up the nsswitch.conf and nss_compat as described in the readmes,
but it never works.  What /dev/ entries are needed for login, if any?

Thanks,
JoeR
jmrobert5 at mchsi.com