[BusyBox] nc: Problems reaching some servers

Calle Be callebe.geo at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 18:02:53 UTC 2003

Jucklo!

I'm using busybox (what version? I dunno. where?) and am currently trying to
netcat into komfram.trafikkontoret.goteborg.se. Now, this does not seem to
work.

When I connect to other servers, I get a new line and type something like:

  GET /some_dir/some_file.html HTTP/1.0

nc then answers with the source of that file. However, when I type:

  nc komfram.trafikkontoret.goteborg.se 80
  GET /some_dir/some_file.html HTTP/1.0

nothing happens. I can write all and anything I want, but nothing happens. What
could possilby be wrong? I have tried the samething with a windows version of
netcat (Netcat 1.10 for NT) and that works just fine. I have also tried with
tkweb4.trafik.... and the ip. No result.

/Calle Be