[BusyBox] mount nfs error msg

Bradley A. Barrett brad at patton.com
Thu Feb 13 08:38:03 UTC 2003

It's not a BusyBox "error" but it probably is a BusyBox "quirk".  There are
several tricks to getting BusyBox to mount an NFS volume.

1) BusyBox mount defaults to NFS version 3.  You need to make sure that your
NFS server supports v3, and that your host kernel is compiled to support v3.
Or you can force version 2 by adding "-o vers=2" to the mount command.

2) You're getting RPC errors because you don't have a portmap daemon running
on your host.  You can either run a portmap daemon, or bypass it with the "-o
nolock" option.

3) Someone has reported needing to force BusyBox mount to mount version 2.
This is a "-o mountvers=2".

See the following for more:
1) http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2002-July/011918.html
2) http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2001-December/010603.html
3) http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2002-May/011467.html

In your case the problem is almost certainly #2.  You're probably past #3,
but #1 could still come up, so that's why I mentioned it.

Brad
------
Brad Barrett
Staff Engineer, Patton Electronics