[BusyBox] Init Problem - Newbee Question

AUBERT Cedric cedric_aubert at softhome.net
Thu Feb 13 02:52:03 UTC 2003

Hi

I am trying to make a boot floppy with
uClibc and BusyBox with the timesys kernel.

I compile uClibc and Busybox correctely. (I think)
Like it is describe in http://www.linux4.be/~jroark/howto/ramdisk.html

I also make my ramdisk like in the howto.

After I build my kernel and make my bootdisk
like it is describe in
http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/bootfloppy/Attic/bootfloppy.tx
t?annotate=1.1&hideattic=0

When I tried to boot on my floppy, the kernel boot
correctely and at the end of the boot of the kernel,
nothing append. No Kernel Panic, nothing.

Finish by :

Freeing initrd memory : 269k freed
VFS : Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 184k freed

That's all. Nothing happen after

I haven't lines like this :
serial console detected.  Disabling virtual terminals.
init started:  BusyBox v0.60.3 (2002.06.22-05:44+0000) multi-call binary

I use BusyBox 0.60.5 and uClibc 0.9.18
and 2.4.7 TimeSys Linux GPL kernel.

Can anyone known where is my problem ?

Thanks