[BusyBox] init and again and tinylogin...

Berlin Brown bigbinc at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 07:56:03 UTC 2003

Sorry, I messed up the message.

Ok, I have pretty much everything working with busybox, including init but
my system startup seems strange.  For example I have to explicity set the
shell in interactive mode, In my rc.sysinit(or rcS for debian ppl)  And when
I do a 'ps' I get this which is strange:

---- init
---- /bin/sh rc.sysinit
---- /bin/sh -i             <--- this what I added in rc.sysinit

But when I take out the sh -i, then rc.sysinit stops executing and then it
goes back to the kernel.

So my question is...shouldnt busybox(init) run login or something or ask for
a password.  And what script should I put that in.  I can call login
manually for example in rc.sysinit but that also seems strange.
Also when I compiled, tinylogin, I took out shadow passwords, so maybe that
is a problem.  So on a linux system what happens after the rc scripts run?

Berlin Brown
bigbinc at hotmail.com