[BusyBox] init hangs...

Berlin Brown bigbinc at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 9 09:58:03 UTC 2003

When I installed busybox, I used uClibc gcc and when I compiled it.  Then I
installed tinylogin and I got some linker errors.  The linker errors were
like undefined reference: getsparam, setsparam(something...) So to fix the
error I turned off shadow passwords.  So now I have the default files in
busybox and default files in tinylogin.  (bin, sbin, etc)  So I copy those
to my root directory and When I boot with busybox.  After booting the kernel
I get a prompt,

init: BusyBox, blah, blah.... multi-call binary...

and then it just hangs.

Is there any thing else I need to do.  For example, my /etc/rc.sysinit
doesnt have anything in it, except some echo statements?  anything else.
Isnt it supposed to go to login?

Berlin Brown
bigbinc at hotmail.com