[BusyBox] no new lines when /etc/issue showed

Nick Fedchik fnm at fusion.ukrsat.com
Tue Feb 4 03:28:03 UTC 2003

Can anybody help me to fix this bug?

I was tried to define a case for '\n' or 0A

libbb/login.c:print_login_issue( .. ):
    case 0x0A:
             puts("");
             break;

    default:
             putchar(c);

but it hasn't good results - nothing changed on /etc/issue output.
May be I going on by wrong way?

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Nick Fedchik wrote:
>I seen that my issue output has no newlines.
>
>My boot screen:
>RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
>Freeing initrd memory: 1582k freed
>VFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem).
>
>ttyS0l at brama (Linux 2.5.55 @ i686)
>                                     Image v. 0.3 (2003-01-27 build 305)
>

>brama login: root
'login' prompt is also directly under last char of upper line :(

--
Nick Fedchik, FNM3-RIPE(UANIC)
Internet Dept./ISP UkrSat, Kiev, Ukraine