[BusyBox] udhcp last diffs

Russ Dill Russ.Dill at asu.edu
Wed Dec 17 18:25:51 UTC 2003

> I always testing my changes for all busybox applet and your udhcp form
> standalone mode.
> Always. It is much more convenient to me.
> All busybox applet require only libbb.a, show_usage(), applet_name, and main().
> ONLY.

You most definately did not. last_patch_88 purposefully rips out all the
stuff that makes it compile standalone, example:

http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/networking/udhcp/dhcpc.c?r1=1.9&r2=1.10

rips out the show usage for standalone, and the combined binary
standalone capability. Many of the patches have very bad formatting and
some even break functionality. All for the sake of a little "cleanup". A
good example is here:

http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/networking/udhcp/files.c?r1=1.3&r2=1.4

Especially starting at line 233. No change in functionality, 100%
aesthetic, and breaks saved leases completely.

> Your last changes to udhcp as busybox applet breaking busybox style without
> other effects.
> Its bad idea.

I was just a tad pissed off and started committing like crazy, my bad. I
went through quite a bit of trouble to make it easy to maintain both
simultaneously.

--
Russ Dill <Russ.Dill at asu.edu>