[BusyBox] adding applets/commands to Busybox

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Fri Dec 12 16:21:09 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 10:34:21PM -0800, Surya Prakash wrote:
> I am trying to add some applets/commands to busybox.
> Mine is not unix related but is related to custom
> embedded system. We are seeing if we can use busybox.

Note that there are dramatically different license implications
to adding applets/commands to busybox, compared to invoking
distinct programs via exec().  Any additions to busybox
have to be either (a) never distributed, or (b) licensed
under the GPL.  Make sure you know what you're doing, so
you don't end up in the hall of shame.

     - Larry