[BusyBox] followup on mount oddity from my previous email

Glenn McGrath bug1 at iinet.com.au
Fri Dec 12 06:39:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:59:02 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at mindspring.com> wrote:

>   i configured "mount" into my build of BB-1.00.-pre4 but didn't
>   create the
> link /bin/mount for it yet.  so a previously successful boot still
> obviously used /sbin/mount and everything worked under 1.00-pre4.
>
>   i made the single change to delete the executable /sbin/mount and
>   replace
> it with /sbin/mount -> ../bin/busybox, and that's when i started to
> get the mount errors above.
>
>   using /bin/mount -> busybox instead of /sbin/mount -> ../bin/busybox
> gives me the same mount errors at boot time.

This is a seperate issue, if you dont select the config option "shell
applets always win" the busybox shells should run the real /sbin/mount
rather than the busybox version.

There is a bug in busybox ash where it always runs the busybox command
if it exists, there is conditional code that tries to make ash do the
right thing but its not correct.

The easiest way around this problem is to compile busybox without
applets that you dont intend to use. (but it should be fixed in busybox)

Glenn