[BusyBox] USB hotplug script howto ?

Wout Mertens wmertens at cisco.com
Wed Dec 10 09:31:27 UTC 2003

Today at 12:44, Nagaraja sat down and wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am working on custum made SA1110 board(strongARM) and I am using bash
> to support USB hotplug script. I have busybox-1.00 (pre3) compiled and
> running on my device. Can any one in the list please tell me weather
> hotplug support is there in latest busybox or not, i tried it without
> success.

Hotplugging is simply done by the kernel calling /sbin/hotplug when
some hotplug event occurs. So as such, I don't see how busybox should
have support for it.

Have a look at the linux-hotplug project on sourceforge, they have all
the bash scripts that allow you to hotplug stuff.

Note that I said "bash", their scripts use some bash-isms, but if you
look at some recent mails in the mailing lists, you can find patches to
make those script work with plain sh and thus busybox.

Cheers,

Wout.