[BusyBox] 1.0-pre4 doesn't work on MPC8270 when using shared libs

Michael Shearer mshearer at aastra.com
Tue Dec 9 23:16:16 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've stumble on a weird problem with Busybox 1.0-pre3 and up.  I created a
ramdisk using Busybox which worked fine with my 8260 processor running Linux
2.4.22.  I then swapped over to an 8270 and Busybox was hanging after the
init was executed.  I did a bit more debugging and found out that linking
Busybox statically fixed the problem.  Even weirder was that if I then
loaded the same ramdisk using 2.4.23, everything worked fine!?!

Has anyone stumble on a similar issue?  By the way, I'm using the compiler
and libraries from ELDK 2.1.0.  I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

mike