[BusyBox] ping bug?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 9 09:30:36 UTC 2003

In message <200312082236.26201.theman at artemio.net> you wrote:

> In "official" pre3, I didn't have any such problems - I was able to ping all
> neighbor hosts. But have to use the latest busybox because I need
> devfs/devfsd to avoid extra kilobytes for the device files.

How many "extra kilobytes for the device files" are you talking about?

A /dev/ directory with 170 entries (more than just a  small  embedded
system)  will  occupy  only 2 kB of data blocks; add for 170 inodes -
how much is this?

And how much does your kernel grow when you add devfs support?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Either one of us, by himself, is expendable.  Both of us are not.
	-- Kirk, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1