[BusyBox] please review and apply this patch.

drwho drwho at f34r.com
Mon Dec 1 03:50:11 UTC 2003

http://www.leaf-project.org

 Most LRP/LEAF packages I have ever used have init
scripts that use --start or --stop and --quiet . I am not sure
why they all seem to use this but they do.

example init script from sshd.lrp
start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid --exec /usr/sbin/sshd

  Several leaf/lrp distributions use busybox but
only partially do to issues like this.

 In my own LEAF variant I am attempting to support all
of the many .lrp packages that are available and at
the same time use a much as possible fully use busybox.

 The only current issues I have found and fixed are some
problems in data_extract_all.c that did not deal well with
my linuxrc script unpacking lrp files onto the ram drive
with existing directories that also exist in the lrp file.
Also the fact that all currently available lrp packages
use init scripts that have long params.

 I am also forced to use gawk/awk and gnu sed for compatibility
issues with many existing lrp packages that do not run
using busybox's versions but hope to change this as the issues
are worked out.

 Hope this helps justify the need for this change.
Regards

 Sean M