[BusyBox] udhcpd leases

Russ Dill Russ.Dill at asu.edu
Wed Aug 13 23:25:07 UTC 2003

> # dumpleases -f /etc/udhcpd/udhcpd.leases
> Mac Address       IP-Address      Expires in
> 00:d0:69:12:34:56 192.168.1.208   -682604737 seconds

> Can someone please clue me in ??, also I was expecting to see the lease time
> changing after SIGUSR1 but it doesn't ?
>
> What am I missing  here ?

udhcpd has two ways of storing leases, absolute, or remaining. On
systems with an RTC, absolute makes sense (ie, the lease expires on
september 1st) On systems without an RTC, this doesn't make sense,
because after every reboot, the date is epoch. So instead, leases are
written with the amount of time remaining in the lease. Of course, if a
system looses power for a day, the remaining time will be longer that it
should, but its far better than nothing.

dumpleases doesn't know which way the leases file is being written, you
need to tell it.

--
Russ Dill <Russ.Dill at asu.edu>