[BusyBox] Problems with httpd !

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Wed Aug 13 07:26:08 UTC 2003

Vladimir,

> Please complie from networking/ tree:
>
> cc -I ../include -DDEBUG -DHTTPD_STANDALONE httpd.c ./libbb/libbb.a -lcrypt

I did

ppc_8xx-gcc -I ../include -DDEBUG -DHTTPD_STANDALONE httpd.c ../libbb/libbb.a -lcrypt

and transfered it to my MPC8xx target.

> mkdir www
> cp ../dosc/screenshot.html www
> a.out -h www -p 8080 -v

Ok. I even copied screenshot.html to index.html.

> and connecting as
>
> telnet localhost 8092
> get / HTTP/1.0

Ok. But I did
telnet 10.0.9.158 8080

> and see Contentlength.
> Is 0?

Nope. Its

And it works with a browser as well - of course.
But if I use the busybox version started by inetd it does not work!

~ # cat /etc/inetd.conf
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /sbin/ftpd      ftpd -a -x root
telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /sbin/telnetd   telnetd -l /bin/login
http    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /sbin/httpd     httpd -h /www

my /busybox/include/config.h contains:

#define CONFIG_HTTPD 1
#define CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_USAGE_FROM_INETD_ONLY 1
#define CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_BASIC_AUTH 1
#define CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_AUTH_MD5 1
#undef CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_CONFIG_WITH_MIME_TYPES
#define CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_CGI 1
#define CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_SET_REMOTE_PORT_TO_ENV 1
#define CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_SET_CGI_VARS_TO_ENV 1
#define CONFIG_FEATURE_HTTPD_ENCODE_URL_STR 1

???

Steven