[BusyBox] Bugfix in find_pid_by_name (resent)

Joe.C joe at numa.com.tw
Wed Aug 6 07:50:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

   I've reported this bug in April and it still
exists in 1.00-pre2. So I made patches for both
0.60.x and 1.00-pre2. The patch is very simple,
just use strncmp instead of strcmp. Please apply
if it is OK.

   Here's the procedure to test this problem:
    Create a executable with very long name, say
'test_1234567890123456' and execute it. Try using
'killall' or 'pidof' to find/kill this program.
Without this patch, you can't find the program.

Joe.C