[BusyBox] the problem about insmod on Big endian Mips Platform

Ming Chuan Huang huangmc at csie.nctu.edu.tw
Fri Aug 1 15:36:39 UTC 2003

Dear All,
I try to insmod a driver on my mips(Big endian) platform, but it fails.
It does not show any error message. When I insmod a module, it does not
probe the
hardware. I use the same flag with the same driver in Little endian
MIPS, and everything works well. I also try make the driver static link
in Big or little endian kernel, and the driver also works well.
The flag is
-I /export/linux-2.4.18/include/asm/gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__
-I/export/linux-2.4.18/include  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs
-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -g -G 0
-mno-abicalls -fno-pic -march=r4600 -mips2 -Wa,--trap -pipe -mlong-calls
When I use this flag in Little endian MIPS, it works. But it does not
work in Big Endian MIPS.
I also try busy-box 0.60.5 an busy1.00-pre1. The same situation happens.
My mips cross-compiler is gcc 2.96. Does insmod support big endian
MIPS???
Any comments are appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ming Chuan