[BusyBox] ctrl-c exits kills init:getty - Problem with syslogd perhaps?

Brian T. btuch at usa.net
Mon Apr 28 20:42:18 UTC 2003

As a test I made an empty script /sbin/test and added it to /etc/inittab :

::sysinit:/bin/sh /etc/rc
::once:/sbin/test
::respawn:/sbin/syslogd -n
::respawn:/sbin/klogd -n
::respawn:/bin/inetd
ttyS0::respawn:/bin/getty 9600 -
#ttyS0::respawn:/bin/getty 19200 -
#ttyS0::respawn:/bin/getty 38400 -
#ttyS0::respawn:/bin/getty 57600 -
#ttyS0::respawn:/bin/getty 115200 -
#Below is for Modem Login
#ttyS3::respawn:/bin/mgetty -x 0 -s 57600 -i /etc/issue /dev/ttyS3

and now syslogd runs correctly with no controlling TTY listed.  Is it
possible that when init goes through the inittab list it is not reading the
file correctly?  If I take the /sbin/test line out (or comment it out), then
syslogd is started with a controlling TTY again, which causes ctrl-c and
other characters to either log console out, or lock up the terminal when
attempting to exit out of a constant ping.