[BusyBox] gunzip is slow

tom at ceisystems.com tom at ceisystems.com
Sun Apr 27 21:26:48 UTC 2003

Bastian,

	The first thing you can do is check out the CVS logs on the CVS
Web interface.  This is usually pretty helpful, as it contains the CVS
log entered by the person committing a change, and a color-coded display
of what code changed.

	The second item I would suggest is checking out what "flags" and
libraries these gunzips have been compiled with.  Sometimes these flags
(depending on the system) can make a bit of difference.  Libraries
always matter.  If you compiled busybox against uClibc and the original
gunzip against glibc, this can make a large difference also.  Keep in
mind that uClibc has been stripped down to offer good functionality and
a _large_ size decrease.  This can mean slower performance.

Good luck,
Thomas Cameron
CEI Systems, Inc.