[BusyBox] ctrl-c exits kills init:getty

Brian T. btuch at usa.net
Fri Apr 25 15:06:53 UTC 2003

> telnet in again, look up the pid of tail and then cat
/proc/<tailpid>/status
> and check the ignored signal list.  Are bits 1 and 2 set in SigIgn?  If
so,
> that's why you can't CTRL-C it.

Telnet is not effected, only console access.

> I fixed it by ditching utelnetd and putting the busybox telnetd in
instead.
> Since this makes the call to daemon(), I don't need the silly redirections
> and backgrounding in the startup script.

I am using an embedded telnetd, not the busybox one, but it works fine.

> I have now discovered another ash bug that affects the use of trap to trap
> SIGINT.  If you have command-line editing enabled such that cmdedit.c is
> reading the characters and you press CTRL-C, cmdedit.c catches it (because
> it's set ISIG on the terminal) and notices it, but does not notify the
shell
> to execute the trap handler for SIGINT.

I am using GNU bash, version 2.05.0(1)-release, not ash, but here is the
/proc info from a console shell:

[root at JBMgateway-v50 root]# ps ax
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        S      0:04 init
    2 ?        SW     0:00 [keventd]
    3 ?        SWN    0:00 [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
    4 ?        SW     0:00 [kswapd]
    5 ?        SW     0:00 [bdflush]
    6 ?        SW     0:00 [kupdated]
    7 ?        SW     0:00 [mtdblockd]
   13 ?        SWN    0:01 [jffs2_gcd_mtd1]
   28 ?        S      0:00 /bin/cron
   43 ?        SW     0:00 [eth0]
   50 ?        S      0:00 /sbin/klogd -n
   51 ?        S      0:00 /bin/inetd
   55 ?        S      0:05 /bin/sshd
   74 ttyS0    S      0:00 /sbin/syslogd -n
   75 ?        S      0:00 -sh
   76 ?        R      0:00 ps ax
[root at JBMgateway-v50 root]# cat /proc/75/status
Name:   sh
State:  S (sleeping)
Tgid:   75
Pid:    75