[BusyBox] How to enable Rlogin, also kill(1,SIGPWR); not working as exspected. ver 0.60.5

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Apr 24 23:26:14 UTC 2003

On Thu Apr 24, 2003 at 08:55:55PM +0100, Jeff Allan wrote:
> Hello All
> I am not sure if this is a busy box issue.
> 1. I would like to use rlogin, how do I enable this feature.

You need to obtain and install an rsh-server on the server side
of the connection and install an rsh-client on the client side.
Busybox does not currently provide anything for this.

You could use telnet instead, in which case busybox would
be able to help you.  Neither solution is particularly secure...

> 2. I am building a tiny UPS to hold the system up long enough for a
> clean shutdown, in my program, If I issue the function call
> -kill(1,SIGPWR); nothing happens. where as if I issue the command Kill 1
> SIGPWR from a shell, it performs a shutdown, as exspected, should Ibe
> using a execvp command?

Currently, busybox init does not have support for handling power
events.  If you are using busybox init, and you just want a clean
shutdown, you can use something like:
    system("/sbin/poweroff");
or you could just do what poweroff does:
    kill(1, SIGUSR2);

 -Erik