[BusyBox] libbb/dump.c coredumps on PPC

David Updegraff dave at cray.com
Mon Apr 14 23:02:57 UTC 2003

Hi.

I made noises about this before, and perhaps nobody else is running
into it, but any app that uses 'libbb/dump.c' with formatting (eg. od)
coredumps on my ppc405 since there are all these uninitialized
stack pointers laying around.

In my little case, unless this patch is applied to libbb/dump.c, not only
does it coredump/segfault, but it also does not handle format strings
that have stuff _after_ the last %? specification.

Anyway, I will not make further noises.  But it would sure be nice to be
able to simply resync to CVS instead of always then haveing to re-patch
over it.

Cheers.

--
David Updegraff / dave at cray.com / 218-525-1154