[BusyBox] multiuser and logins???

jmrobert5 at mchsi.com jmrobert5 at mchsi.com
Thu Sep 26 14:44:02 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I've been thru the archives and my problem has been
asked once or twice, but never clearly answered.

I have Busybox, yesterdays stable cvs copy, and
tinylogin 1.2.  Both have been compiled with no
shadow passwd, USE_SYSTEM_PWD_GRP=false and
USE_SYSTEM_SHADOW=false.  I also turned off
use_securetty too.
kernel 2.4.18
dev files and stuff pulled from slackware 8.1

I have added the netkit telnetd server to my build
and I want to be able to telnet into the box.  The
following behaviour is the same across telnet or
locally using busybox getty.

Basically there is no prompt for Password, I just
get 'login failed' after typing in the username.

I also get the 'no job control' at start too.

I would be grateful for links to understandable info
regarding the login sequence, etc.

I put libnss and a nss.conf in the system, but still
nothing.

Is busybox multiuser capable?

Thanks,
JoeR