[BusyBox] Re: freebsd-i386 status update

Branden Robinson branden at progeny.com
Tue Sep 17 16:44:04 UTC 2002

[I am not subscribed to any of these lists except discover-workers.]

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:47:10AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Progenies, any idea if/when we can have discover which work on *BSD as
> well?  Any idea how much work it will be?  Is it doable at all?

That's Discover 2.0.  We're expecting a release next month, but there
are already milestone releases available.

OS-dependent components have been completely modularized in Discover
2.x, so BSD support is merely an issue of telling discover how to ask
the kernel for hardware information.  We had the BSDs in mind when
designing Discover 2.x.

http://hackers.progeny.com/discover/

A good place to start is the manual:

http://hackers.progeny.com/discover/doc/guide.html

--
Branden Robinson          | GPG signed/encrypted mail welcome
branden at progeny.com       | 1024D/9C0BCBFB